Tuesday 11 March 1969
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Dizzy by Tommy Roe.
In UK Where Do You Go To (My Lovely) by Peter Sarstedt was in the top 5 hits.
Charro!, directed by Charles Marquis Warren, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1969.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 March 1969!
Which were the important events of 11 March 1969 ?
- Zambia - Youth Day.
- Saint Rosina
- Saint Alberta
- Saint Vindician
- Blessed Auria
- Lesotho - Moshoeshoe Day.
- Lithuania - Reestablishment of Lithuania's Independence.
- United States - Johnny Appleseed Day, 311 Day
- Blessed John Righi
- John Fina: NFL offensive tackle (Buffalo Bills).
- Dan Lacroix in MontrTal: Quebec, Canada; NHL left wing (New York Rangers).
- Terrence Howard: American actor.
- Soraya : American singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (d. 2006).
- Pete Droge: American singer-songwriter (The Thorns).
- John Wyndham [Parkes Lucas B Harris]: Author (Chrysalids), dies at 65.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tommy Roe - Dizzy
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Proud Mary
- Sly & the Family Stone - Everyday People
- The Foundations - Build Me Up Buttercup
- Classics IV - Traces
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crimson And Clover
- Dionne Warwick - This Girl's In Love With You
- 1910 Fruitgum Co. - Indian Giver
- The Zombies - Time Of The Season
- Jay and the Americans - This Magic Moment
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?