Tuesday 11 March 1969
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Dizzy by Tommy Roe.
In UK Where Do You Go To (My Lovely) by Peter Sarstedt was in the top 5 hits.
Charro!, directed by Charles Marquis Warren, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 March 1969!
Which were the important events of 11 March 1969 ?
- Zambia - Youth Day.
- Saint Rosina
- Saint Alberta
- Saint Vindician
- Blessed Auria
- Lesotho - Moshoeshoe Day.
- Lithuania - Reestablishment of Lithuania's Independence.
- United States - Johnny Appleseed Day, 311 Day
- Blessed John Righi
- Terrence Howard: American actor.
- Dan Lacroix in MontrTal: Quebec, Canada; NHL left wing (New York Rangers).
- Soraya : American singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (d. 2006).
- Pete Droge: American singer-songwriter (The Thorns).
- John Fina: NFL offensive tackle (Buffalo Bills).
- John Wyndham [Parkes Lucas B Harris]: Author (Chrysalids), dies at 65.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sly & the Family Stone - Everyday People
- Tommy Roe - Dizzy
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crimson And Clover
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Proud Mary
- Classics IV - Traces
- The Foundations - Build Me Up Buttercup
- The Zombies - Time Of The Season
- 1910 Fruitgum Co. - Indian Giver
- Jay and the Americans - This Magic Moment
- Dionne Warwick - This Girl's In Love With You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 11 March 1969 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?