Friday 11 March 1988
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley.
In UK I Should Be So Lucky by Kylie Minogue was in the top 5 hits.
Frantic, directed by Roman Polanski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while The Bonfire Of The Vanities by Tom Wolfe was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1988.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 March 1988!
Which were the important events of 11 March 1988 ?
- Zambia - Youth Day.
- Saint Rosina
- Saint Alberta
- Saint Vindician
- Blessed Auria
- Lesotho - Moshoeshoe Day.
- Lithuania - Reestablishment of Lithuania's Independence.
- United States - Johnny Appleseed Day, 311 Day
- Blessed John Righi
- Alexandra Pender: American noted family, the 14th great-grandchild of matriarch Rose Kennedy.
- Fabio Coentrao: Portuguese football player.
- Canserbero : Venezuelan rapper (d. 2015).
- Fábio Coentrão: Portuguese footballer.
- Evandro Costa: Portuguese-Brazilian sports broadcaster and musician.
- Pham Hung: Premier of Vietnam, dies at about 74.
- Utrecht conservatory destroyed by fire.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up
- George Michael - Father Figure
- Patrick Swayze - She's Like The Wind
- Belinda Carlisle - I Get Weak
- Richard Marx - Endless Summer Nights
- David Lee Roth - Just Like Paradise
- Michael Jackson - Man In The Mirror
- Debbie Gibson - Out Of The Blue
- Keith Sweat - I Want Her
- Gloria Estefan - Can't Stay Away From You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?