Tuesday 11 May 1909
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Herbert Murrill and Ellis R Dungan.
Sherlock Holmes IV, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 May 1909!
Which were the important events of 11 May 1909 ?
- Saint Francis of Girolamo
- Saint Estella
- Holiday of the City of Miskolc (since 1992).
- Saint Odilo of Cluny
- Saint Majolus of Cluny
- Saint James Walworth
- Blessed John Rochester
- Saint Bertilla
- Saint Gengou Gangulphus
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Mamertus, first of the Ice Saints
- Roman Empire - Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Saint Gauthier of Esterp
- Herbert Murrill: English composer (d. 1952).
- Ellis R Dungan: American born Indian film director (d. 2001).
- Isaac Azofeifa: Costa Rican poet, politician and educator.
- René Bousquet: French government employee; appointed General Secretary of the Vichy police by Prime Minister Pierre Laval during WW II, 1942, a post he held until the end of the war in 1944.
- Jean Mollaret: Grenoble physician.
- Jean Tusques: Marseille physician
- Ellis Dungan: American director and producer (d. 2001)
- Kurt Großkurth: German actor and singer (d. 1975)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 May 1909
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1909 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I Wish I Had a Girl - Billy Murray
- To the End of the World With You - Manuel Romain
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
What news were making the headlines those days in May 1909?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?