Thursday 11 May 1911
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Privatsekretæren, directed by August Blom, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1911.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 May 1911!
Which were the important events of 11 May 1911 ?
- Saint Francis of Girolamo
- Saint Estella
- Holiday of the City of Miskolc (since 1992).
- Saint Odilo of Cluny
- Saint Majolus of Cluny
- Saint James Walworth
- Blessed John Rochester
- Saint Bertilla
- Saint Gengou Gangulphus
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Mamertus, first of the Ice Saints
- Roman Empire - Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Saint Gauthier of Esterp
- Phil Silvers: comedic actor (Sergeant Bilko), dies at age 73 in his sleep.
- Betty Nuthall: British tennis player who is among the best tennis champs of the U.K.
- Roy James: Alfred Kaulback soldier.
- Doodles Weaver Los Angeles California: comedian (Spike Jones and City Slickers, Doodles Weaver).
- Edgar Beck: president (John Mowlem).
- Juan Ugarte Elespuru: Prominent Peruvian painter, sculptor, historian and writer. He spent five years in the studio of Alfredo Guido, where he learned the art of engraving and mural painting. He moved to Chile, where he presented his first personal exhibition of oil paintings, engravings and frescoes on board in 1938 and later in 1939. He returned to Lima in 1940. In 1944 he joined the staff of professors of the National School of Fine Arts of Lima (ENBA ), in the chairs drawing, art history, he was the initiator of
- Mitchell Sharp: Canadian businessman, politician, and statesman, Sharp was a member of Parliament from 1963-78 and was at various times in his long career Minister of Trade and Commerce, Minister of Finance, Secretary of State for External Affairs, and President of the Privy Council.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Let Me Call You Sweetheart - Arthur Clough
- Think It Over, Mary - Byron G. Harlan
- Gems from The Pirates of Penzance - Victor Light Opera Co.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in May 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?