Sunday 11 May 1930
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include M J Hamlin and Stanley L Elkin in Brooklyn.
The Chess Player, directed by Raymond Bernard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 May 1930!
Which were the important events of 11 May 1930 ?
- Saint Francis of Girolamo
- Saint Estella
- Holiday of the City of Miskolc (since 1992).
- Saint Odilo of Cluny
- Saint Majolus of Cluny
- Saint James Walworth
- Blessed John Rochester
- Saint Bertilla
- Saint Gengou Gangulphus
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Mamertus, first of the Ice Saints
- Roman Empire - Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Saint Gauthier of Esterp
- M J Hamlin: Principal / Vice-Chancellor (Dundee University).
- Stanley L Elkin in Brooklyn: New York, USA; writer/professor (The Living End).
- Bud Ekins: American stuntman (d. 2007).
- Edsger Dijkstra: Dutch computer scientist and academic co-developed THE multiprogramming system (d. 2002).
- Stanley Elkin: American novelist short story writer and essayist (d. 1995).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?