Saturday 11 May 1940
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Waterloo Bridge, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 May 1940!
Which were the important events of 11 May 1940 ?
- Saint Francis of Girolamo
- Saint Estella
- Holiday of the City of Miskolc (since 1992).
- Saint Odilo of Cluny
- Saint Majolus of Cluny
- Saint James Walworth
- Blessed John Rochester
- Saint Bertilla
- Saint Gengou Gangulphus
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Mamertus, first of the Ice Saints
- Roman Empire - Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Saint Gauthier of Esterp
- Jean Migueres: French citizen who claimed that he had been kidnapped and used for experiments by extra-terrestrials aboard a flying saucer.
- Michael Fish: British men's fashion designer and owner of a disco club.
- Kesavan Nair: Indian Vedic astrologer.
- Herbert Müller: Swiss race car driver (d. 1981).
- Ronald Anthony Pellegrino: Composer.
- Juan Downey: Chilean video artist (d. 1993)
- Chujiro Hayashi: Japanese Reiki Master (Born 1880).
- 66th Preakness: Fred A Smith aboard Bimelech wins in 1:58.6.
- New York World's Fair reopens.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?