Sunday 11 May 1952
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Darrow Igus in Newark and Dorian Bagwell.
Scaramouche, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Reflets de Cannes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1952.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 May 1952!
Which were the important events of 11 May 1952 ?
- Saint Francis of Girolamo
- Saint Estella
- Holiday of the City of Miskolc (since 1992).
- Saint Odilo of Cluny
- Saint Majolus of Cluny
- Saint James Walworth
- Blessed John Rochester
- Saint Bertilla
- Saint Gengou Gangulphus
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Mamertus, first of the Ice Saints
- Roman Empire - Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Saint Gauthier of Esterp
- Darrow Igus in Newark: New Jersey, USA; comedian (Fridays, Roll Out).
- Dorian Bagwell: American homosexual male, gay but not effeminate, who was diagnosed with AIDS in May 1989 and put on AZT in August 1993.
- Renaud : French singer, songwriter, and actor, born to a protestant (teacher of German), internationally known for his protest-song "Miss Maggie" (Thatcher) and "It is not because you are", a mixture of English and French.
- Mike Lupica: American sports journalist.
- Shohreh Aghdashloo: Iranian-American actress.
- Giovanni Tebaldini: Composer, dies at 87.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?