Monday 11 May 1953
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Bellissima, directed by Luchino Visconti, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 May 1953!
Which were the important events of 11 May 1953 ?
- Saint Francis of Girolamo
- Saint Estella
- Holiday of the City of Miskolc (since 1992).
- Saint Odilo of Cluny
- Saint Majolus of Cluny
- Saint James Walworth
- Blessed John Rochester
- Saint Bertilla
- Saint Gengou Gangulphus
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Mamertus, first of the Ice Saints
- Roman Empire - Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Saint Gauthier of Esterp
- Carmen Llera: Spanish writer and author of the highly successful novel "Georgette.
- David Gest: American television producer.
- Patrick Millereau: French sommelier, the head sommelier at Negresco in Nice, who died of colon cancer on 15 September 2014.
- Celine Lomez: Quebec singer and actress.
- Boyd Gaines in Atlanta: Georgia, USA; actor (Mark - One Day at a Time, Sure Thing).
- Jean Adair: Dies at 80.
- Winston Churchill criticizes John Foster Dulles' domino theory.
- The 1953 Waco tornado outbreak: an F5 tornado hits downtown Waco, Texas, killing 114.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?