Tuesday 11 May 1954
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Secret Love by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Three Coins in the Fountain, directed by Jean Negulesco, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 May 1954!
Which were the important events of 11 May 1954 ?
- Saint Francis of Girolamo
- Saint Estella
- Holiday of the City of Miskolc (since 1992).
- Saint Odilo of Cluny
- Saint Majolus of Cluny
- Saint James Walworth
- Blessed John Rochester
- Saint Bertilla
- Saint Gengou Gangulphus
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Mamertus, first of the Ice Saints
- Roman Empire - Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Saint Gauthier of Esterp
- Edgar Riley Jr: Rocker (Axe K).
- John Clayton: American journalist.
- John Gregory: English footballer and manager.
- Judith Weir: English composer and educator.
- Lubomir Stoykov: Bulgarian journalist and broadcaster.
- U.S. Secretary of State John Foster Dulles declares that Indochina is important but not essential to the security of Southeast Asia thus ending any prospect of American intervention on the side of France.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1954 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Happy Wanderer - Henri Rene & His Orchestra
- Crew-Cuts - Crazy 'Bout Ya Baby
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?