Sunday 11 May 1958
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Witch Doctor by David Seville.
In UK Who's Sorry Now by Connie Francis was in the top 5 hits.
Gigi, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1958.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 May 1958!
Which were the important events of 11 May 1958 ?
- Saint Francis of Girolamo
- Saint Estella
- Holiday of the City of Miskolc (since 1992).
- Saint Odilo of Cluny
- Saint Majolus of Cluny
- Saint James Walworth
- Blessed John Rochester
- Saint Bertilla
- Saint Gengou Gangulphus
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Mamertus, first of the Ice Saints
- Roman Empire - Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Saint Gauthier of Esterp
- Christian Brando: American noted family, the son of Marlon Brando and Anna Kashfi.
- Peter Antonie: Australian rower (Olympics-1996).
- Dan Ireland: American director and producer.
- Nalliah Kumaraguruparan: Sri Lankan accountant and politician.
- Phil Smyth: Australian basketball player and coach.
- Walt Terrell: American baseball player
- Isabelle Mergault: French actress and film director.
- Brice Hortefeux: French politician who was Minister of the Interior, Overseas Territories and Territorial collectivities. He was previously Minister for Labour, Labour Relations, the Family, Solidarity and Urban Affairs and Minister-Delegate for Local Government at the Ministry of the Interior and was a Member of the European Parliament.
- Beverly Hanson wins LPGA Lawton Golf Open.
- US performs atmospheric nuclear test at Bikini Island.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- David Seville - Witch Doctor
- The Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream
- The Platters - Twilight Time
- Laurie London - He's Got The Whole World (In His Hands)
- Elvis Presley - Wear My Ring Around Your Neck
- The Monotones - Book Of Love
- The Champs - Tequila
- Don Gibson - Oh Lonesome Me
- Dean Martin - Return To Me
- The Chordettes - Lollipop
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?