Monday 11 May 1964
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to My Guy by Mary Wells.
In UK Don't Throw Your Love Away by The Searchers was in the top 5 hits.
What a Way to Go!, directed by J. Lee Thompson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 May 1964!
Which were the important events of 11 May 1964 ?
- Saint Francis of Girolamo
- Saint Estella
- Holiday of the City of Miskolc (since 1992).
- Saint Odilo of Cluny
- Saint Majolus of Cluny
- Saint James Walworth
- Blessed John Rochester
- Saint Bertilla
- Saint Gengou Gangulphus
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Mamertus, first of the Ice Saints
- Roman Empire - Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Saint Gauthier of Esterp
- Billy Bean: American major league baseballer player (1987-95) who came out as gay in 1999, making front-page news in the New York Times.
- Bobby Witt in Arlington: Virginia, USA; pitcher (Texas Rangers).
- Drew Story in San Clemente: California, USA; canoe (alternate-Olympics-1996).
- Jeff Sellers: baseball pitcher (Boston Red Sox).
- Tim Nelson: American actor director and screenwriter.
- John Parrott: English snooker player and sportscaster
- Floyd Youmans: American baseball player coach and manager
- Tim Blake Nelson: American actor
- Bobby Witt: American pro baseball pitcher, selected right out of high school by the Cincinnati Reds organization in the seventh round of free-agent draft pick 6/07/1982. Witt didn't sign with the Reds and enrolled in Oklahoma State, being honored with the Right-handed Pitcher Award on the college All-American team in 1985. He was then selected by the Texas Rangers in the first round free-agent draft pick 6/03/1985. Placed on the disabled list, he did his rehabilitation in the AAA League playing for Oklahoma
- Katie Wagner: Daughter of Robert Wagner / model / guest VJ (MTV)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Mary Wells - My Guy
- Louis Armstrong - Hello, Dolly!
- The Beatles - Love Me Do
- The Beatles - Do You Want To Know A Secret
- The Dave Clark Five - Bits And Pieces
- The Serendipity Singers - Don't Let The Rain Come Down (Crooked Little Man)
- The 4 Seasons - Ronnie
- Jan & Dean - Dead Man's Curve
- Roy Orbison - It's Over
- Danny Williams - White On White
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?