Wednesday 11 May 1966
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Chris Mohr and Trenidad Hubbard in Chicago.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Monday, Monday by The Mamas & The Papas.
In UK Pretty Flamingo by Manfred Mann was in the top 5 hits.
Arabesque, directed by Stanley Donen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Förster Horn.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 May 1966!
Which were the important events of 11 May 1966 ?
- Saint Francis of Girolamo
- Saint Estella
- Holiday of the City of Miskolc (since 1992).
- Saint Odilo of Cluny
- Saint Majolus of Cluny
- Saint James Walworth
- Blessed John Rochester
- Saint Bertilla
- Saint Gengou Gangulphus
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Mamertus, first of the Ice Saints
- Roman Empire - Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Saint Gauthier of Esterp
- Chris Mohr: NFL punter (Buffalo Bills).
- Trenidad Hubbard in Chicago: Illinois, USA; outfielder (Colorado Rockies).
- Bill Ackman: American hedge fund manager.
- Thomas Hugues: French journalist, producer and television host, who has presented news on TF1, I>Télé, the 13th Street channel, and the public channel France 5 t..
- Estelle Lefébure: French top model, married to David Hallayday on 9/15/1989.
- Cynthia Rothschild: American human rights and sexual rights activist for over two decades, she is the author of Written Out: How Sexuality Is Used to Attack Women's Organizing; the co-author of Strengthening Resistance: Confronting Violence Against Women and HIV/AIDS and Amnesty International’s Crimes of Hate, Conspiracy of Silence: Torture and Ill-Treatment Based on Sexual Identity.
- Christoph Schneider: German drummer (Rammstein and Feeling B)
- Alfred Wintle: British WW1 & WW2 soldier; author of ''The Last Englishman'' (Born 1897).
- Real Madrid wins 11th Europe Cup I.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Mamas & The Papas - Monday, Monday
- Young Rascals - Good Lovin'
- Bob Dylan - Rainy Day Women #12 & 35
- Paul Revere and the Raiders - Kicks
- The Beach Boys - Sloop John B
- The Righteous Brothers - (You're My) Soul And Inspiration
- Nancy Sinatra - How Does That Grab You Darlin'
- Dionne Warwick - Message To Michael
- Percy Sledge - When A Man Loves A Woman
- The Shadows Of Knight - Gloria
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?