Thursday 11 May 1967
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to The Happening by The Supremes.
In UK Silence Is Golden by The Tremeloes was in the top 5 hits.
For a Few Dollars More, directed by Sergio Leone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1967.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 May 1967!
Which were the important events of 11 May 1967 ?
- Saint Francis of Girolamo
- Saint Estella
- Holiday of the City of Miskolc (since 1992).
- Saint Odilo of Cluny
- Saint Majolus of Cluny
- Saint James Walworth
- Blessed John Rochester
- Saint Bertilla
- Saint Gengou Gangulphus
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Mamertus, first of the Ice Saints
- Roman Empire - Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Saint Gauthier of Esterp
- Eric Young in New Brunswick: New Jersey, USA; infielder (Colorado Rockies).
- Patricia Chauvet: French alpine skier, she won a silver medal at the world championship (1996).
- Alberto Aspe: Mexican footballer and manager.
- Kenneth Gould: Chicago, Illinois -- Welterweight boxer (1988 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Sing, Israel Sing opens at Brooks Atkinson Theater NYC for 14 performances
- Great Britain, Ireland, and Denmark apply for European Community membership.
- 100,000,000th US phone connected.
- Andreas Papandreou, Greek economist and socialist politician, is imprisoned in Athens by the Greek military junta.
- The United Kingdom and Ireland apply officially for European Economic Community membership.
- Syria mobilizes against Israel.
- President Gamal Abdal Nasser of Egypt demands withdrawal of the peacekeeping UN Emergency Force in the Sinai. U.N. Secretary-General U Thant complies (May 18).
- Tennessee Governor Ellington repeals the ampquotMonkey Lawampquot (officially the Butler Act see the Scopes Trial).
- In Mexico, schoolteacher Lucio Cabañas begins guerrilla warfare in Atoyac de Alvarez, west of Acapulco, in the state of Guerrero.
- NASA announces the crew for the ''Apollo 7'' space mission (first manned Apollo flight): Walter M. Schirra, Jr., Donn F. Eisele, and R. Walter Cunningham.
- The Soviet Union ratifies a treaty with the United States and the United Kingdom, banning nuclear weapons from outer space.
- Yuri Andropov becomes KGB chief.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Supremes - The Happening
- Arthur Conley - Sweet Soul Music
- Nancy Sinatra - Somethin' Stupid
- The Young Rascals - Groovin'
- The Monkees - A Little Bit Me, A Little Bit You
- The Buckinghams - Don't You Care
- The Dave Clark Five - You Got What It Takes
- Peaches and Herb - Close Your Eyes
- The Happenings - I Got Rhythm
- Tommy James and the Shondells - I Think We're Alone Now
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?