Tuesday 11 May 1971
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Yo Murphy and Corey Fuller.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Joy To The World by Three Dog Night.
In UK Knock Three Times by Dawn was in the top 5 hits.
10 Rillington Place, directed by Richard Fleischer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Passions Of The Mind by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Von Liebe keine Rede.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Computer Space or The Oregon Trail.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 May 1971!
Which were the important events of 11 May 1971 ?
- Saint Francis of Girolamo
- Saint Estella
- Holiday of the City of Miskolc (since 1992).
- Saint Odilo of Cluny
- Saint Majolus of Cluny
- Saint James Walworth
- Blessed John Rochester
- Saint Bertilla
- Saint Gengou Gangulphus
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Mamertus, first of the Ice Saints
- Roman Empire - Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Saint Gauthier of Esterp
- Yo Murphy: WLAF receiver (Scottish Claymores).
- Corey Fuller: NFL cornerback (Minnesota Vikings).
- Michel Lelièvre: French criminal, arrested on 8/13/1996 and accused of the kidnapping and sequestration of Julie, Mélissa, Laetitia and Sabine.
- Kathryn McKinnon: American accident victim who was killed on 2/16/1980 as a result of severe injuries sustained when a tree limb fell on her during a storm.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Three Dog Night - Joy To The World
- Jackson 5 - Never Can Say Goodbye
- Ocean - Put Your Hand In The Hand
- Bread - If
- Lobo - Me And You And A Dog Named Boo
- The Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar
- Aretha Franklin - Bridge Over Troubled Water
- The Bells - Stay Awhile
- Neil Diamond - I Am.. I Said
- Daddy Dewdrop - Chick-A-Boom (Don't Ya Jes' Love It)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?