Friday 11 May 1973
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Ole Oak Tree by Dawn.
In UK See My Baby Jive by Wizzard was in the top 5 hits.
The Day of the Jackal, directed by Fred Zinnemann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Once Is Not Enough by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1973.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 May 1973!
Which were the important events of 11 May 1973 ?
- Saint Francis of Girolamo
- Saint Estella
- Holiday of the City of Miskolc (since 1992).
- Saint Odilo of Cluny
- Saint Majolus of Cluny
- Saint James Walworth
- Blessed John Rochester
- Saint Bertilla
- Saint Gengou Gangulphus
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Mamertus, first of the Ice Saints
- Roman Empire - Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Saint Gauthier of Esterp
- Michelle Venturella: US softball infielder (1996 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Patrick Sapp: NFL offensive linebacker (San Diego Chargers).
- Dean Pullar Cobram in Victoria: Australia; diver (Olympics-1996).
- James Haven: American actor, son of actor Jon Voight and brother to Angelina Jolie.
- Tsuyoshi Ogata: Japanese runner.
- Dutch Government of Uyl forms.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Dawn - Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Ole Oak Tree
- Stevie Wonder - You Are The Sunshine Of My Life
- The Sweet - Little Willy
- War - The Cisco Kid
- Dobie Gray - Drift Away
- Stealers Wheel - Stuck In The Middle With You
- Edgar Winter - Frankenstein
- Vicki Lawrence - The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia
- Elton John - Daniel
- Donny Osmond - The Twelfth Of Never
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?