Monday 11 May 1981
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Bette Davis Eyes by Kim Carnes.
In UK Stand And Deliver by Adam & The Ants was in the top 5 hits.
The Burning, directed by Tony Maylam, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while Noble House by James Clavell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1981.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 May 1981!
Which were the important events of 11 May 1981 ?
- Saint Francis of Girolamo
- Saint Estella
- Holiday of the City of Miskolc (since 1992).
- Saint Odilo of Cluny
- Saint Majolus of Cluny
- Saint James Walworth
- Blessed John Rochester
- Saint Bertilla
- Saint Gengou Gangulphus
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Mamertus, first of the Ice Saints
- Roman Empire - Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Saint Gauthier of Esterp
- Lauren Jackson: Basketball Player.
- Giggs : Rapper.
- Dusán Mukics: Slovene journalist poet and translator.
- Daniel Ortmeier: American baseball player.
- Austin O'Brien: American actor.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kim Carnes - Bette Davis Eyes
- Grover Washington Jr. - Just The Two Of Us
- Smokey Robinson - Being With You
- Juice Newton - Angel Of The Morning
- Sheena Easton - Morning Train (Nine To Five)
- REO Speedwagon - Take It On The Run
- Gino Vannelli - Living Inside Myself
- Taste Of Honey, A - Sukiyaki
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Kiss On My List
- Styx - Too Much Time On My Hands
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?