Monday 11 November 1907
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Bilder från Fryksdalen (Gösta Berlings land), directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1907.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 1907!
Which were the important events of 11 November 1907 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
- Raymond Abellio: French author, philosopher and essayist; a Marxist.
- Orestis Laskos: Greek film director, screenwriter and actor (Born 1908).
- Henry Gadsby: Composer, dies at 64.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1907 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Let's Take an Old-Fashioned Walk - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- Harry Lauder - I Love a Lassie (My Scotch Bluebell)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in November 1907?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?