Friday 11 November 1927
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Uncle Tom's Cabin, directed by Harry A. Pollard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1927.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 1927!
Which were the important events of 11 November 1927 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
- Jamelle Folsom: American wife of Jim Folsom (d. 2012).
- Martin Špegelj: Croatian general and politician 2nd Croatian Minister of Defence (d. 2014).
- Lord Wolfson: English multi-millionaire.
- Odette Casteur: French champion swimmer.
- Mose Allison in Mississippi: USA; jazz artist ("Black Country Suite").
- Gilbert Delcros: French psychosociologist, an expert in subjects, issues, and problems common to psychology and sociology.
- Mose Allison: American musician, a pianist who fused country blues and modern piano tradition from Nat Cole to Theolonius Monk into a wry, personal style. Influenced by early jazz roots, he was one of the few white pianist to take his place alongside the great black jazz artists. As a kid he took piano and trumpet lessons and worked pro from 1951 in New York. With Allison playing side man, he, Stan Getz and Gerry Mulligan formed a trio performing gigs all over the world.
- Luigi Malerba: Italian screenwriter and producer of romances.
- Henri Coulette: American poet and educator. His first book, The War of the Secret Agents and Other Poems, was greeted with acclaim and won the Lamont Poetry Prize.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?