Tuesday 11 November 1930, Veteran's Day
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Morocco, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1930.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 1930!
Which were the important events of 11 November 1930 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
- Kenneth Fleetwood: Fashion designer.
- Clinton Pattea: American activist and politician, who served as the longtime President of the Fort McDowell Yavapai Nation, a predominantly Yavapai Indian reservation in Maricopa County, Arizona, until his death in 2013.
- Hugh Everett: American physicist and mathematician (d. 1982).
- Hank Garland: American guitar virtuoso (d. 2004).
- Vernon Handley: English conductor (d. 2008).
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1930 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Peanut Vendor - Don Azpiazu & His Havana Casino Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?