Saturday 11 November 1933, Veteran's Day
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Frans Schoubben and Jim Boyd.
Duck Soup, directed by Leo McCarey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 1933!
Which were the important events of 11 November 1933 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
- Frans Schoubben: Belgium sport Champion.
- Jim Boyd: American actor (d. 2013).
- Martino Finotto: Italian race car driver (d. 2014).
- Peter Lewis: American businessman and philanthropist (d. 2013).
- Great Black Blizzard 1st great dust storm in Great Plains
- "Great Black Blizzard" first great dust storm in the Great Plains of the USA.
- The United States and the Soviet Union establish formal diplomatic relations.
- President of Brazil Getulio Vargas names himself dictator.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?