Wednesday 11 November 1936
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Plainsman, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 1936!
Which were the important events of 11 November 1936 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
- Peg Kehret: Children's Author.
- Jack Keller: American songwriter and producer (d. 2005).
- Mala Sinha: Bollywood film actress.
- Philippe Breton: French Catholic priest, who has served as Bishop Emeritus of Aire et Dax (Landes) since January 2012.
- Susan Kohner: American actress who worked in film and television.
- Edward German: Composer, dies at 74.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 11 November 1936 and get them!