Tuesday 11 November 1941, Veteran's Day
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Suspicion, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1941.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 1941!
Which were the important events of 11 November 1941 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
- Fernando Mello: Portuguese publisher of counter-culture books and erotica.
- Jesse Colin Young: American singer and songwriter (The Youngbloods).
- Francesco Ravedone: Italian homicide; killed his wife Franca on 1/31/1992 between 2:00 and 3:00 PM.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?