Sunday 11 November 1945
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Lost Weekend, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1945.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 1945!
Which were the important events of 11 November 1945 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
- Bill Lilly: American businessman, self-made millionaire and ex-convict.
- Chris Dreja: English guitarist and songwriter (The Yardbirds and Box of Frogs).
- Vince Martell: NYC, New York -- Rock guitarist (Vanilla Fudge).
- Denise Alexander in New York City: New York, USA; actress (General Hospital, Another World).
- Elvin Hayes: Rayville sports Champions.
- Daniel Ortega: Nicaraguan politician who has been President of Nicaragua since 2007; previously he was leader of Nicaragua from 1979 to 1990, first as Coordinator of the Junta of National Reconstruction (1979–1985) and then as President (1985–1990). A leader in the socialist Sandinista National Liberation Front (Frente Sandinista de Liberación Nacional, FSLN), his policies in government have seen the implementation of leftist reforms across Nicaragua.
- Jerome Kern: American composer, recognized for his light-opera scores of the modern school of melody.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1945 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- No Can Do - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- Don't Forget Tonight Tomorrow - Frank Sinatra
- Peggy Lee - Waitin' for the Train to Come In
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?