Sunday 11 November 1951, Veteran's Day
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Laughter in Paradise, directed by Mario Zampi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 1951!
Which were the important events of 11 November 1951 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
- Fuzzy Zoeller: Golfer.
- Bill Moseley: American actor singer and producer (Cornbugs).
- Kim Peek: American megasavant (d. 2009).
- Marc Summers: American television host and producer.
- Fuzzy Zoeller in New Albany: Indiana, USA; PGA golfer (Masters 1981).
- Fuzzy [Frank] Zoeller: New Albany, Indiana -- PGA golfer (Masters 1981)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?