Sunday 11 November 1956
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to The Green Door by Jim Lowe.
In UK A Woman In Love by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
The Sharkfighters, directed by Jerry Hopper, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 1956!
Which were the important events of 11 November 1956 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
- Billy Smith: Reidsville, North Carolina -- Country singer (Billy & Terry Smith).
- Ian Craig Marsh: England, United Kingdom -- Rocker (Heaven 17-Electric Dreams).
- Ian Marsh: English guitarist (The Human League Heaven 17 and British Electric Foundation).
- Victor Young: Orchestra leader (Milton Berle Show), dies at 56.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1956 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?