Friday 11 November 1960, Veteran's Day
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lisa Welch Semler and Christian Prudhomme.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Save The Last Dance For Me by The Drifters.
In UK It's Now Or Never by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
The Virgin Spring, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The World of Tim Frazer.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 1960!
Which were the important events of 11 November 1960 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
- Lisa Welch Semler: Aberdeen, Maryland -- Playmate (Sep, 1980).
- Christian Prudhomme: Former French journalist, general director of the Tour de France since 2005.
- Stanley Tucci: Movie Actor.
- Lawrence Bayne: Canadian actor and singer.
- Colin Harvey: English author and critic (d. 2011).
- Chuck Hernandez: American baseball player and coach
- Paquito Ochoa: Jr. Filipino lawyer and politician 37th Executive Secretary of the Philippines
- Cristina Odone: Kenyan-Italian journalist and author
- Peter Parros: American actor producer and screenwriter
- Largest New York Knicks' 49th Steet Madison Square Gardens crowd-18,499.
- A military coup against President Ngo Dinh Diem of South Vietnam is crushed.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 November 1960
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Drifters - Save The Last Dance For Me
- Brenda Lee - I Want To Be Wanted (Per Tutta La Vita)
- Johnny Tillotson - Poetry In Motion
- Ray Charles - Georgia On My Mind
- Joe Jones - You Talk Too Much
- Connie Francis - My Heart Has A Mind Of Its Own
- Maurice Williams & The Zodiacs - Stay
- Hank Ballard and the Midnighters - Let's Go, Let's Go, Let's Go
- Roy Orbison - Blue Angel
- Bobby Vee - Devil Or Angel
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?