Saturday 11 November 1961
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Big Bad John by Jimmy Dean.
In UK His Latest Flame / Little Sisters by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Flower Drum Song, directed by Henry Koster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while Franny And Zooey by J.D. Salinger was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1961.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 1961!
Which were the important events of 11 November 1961 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
- Matt Ghaffari: Tehran, Iran -- US greco-roman wrestler (1992, 96 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Jan Kuehnemund: American guitarist.
- Adulterous couple up mestkar through Staphorst riding
- Congolese soldiers murder 13 Italian UN pilots
- Stalingrad renamed Volgograd
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?