Wednesday 11 November 1964
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Baby Love by The Supremes.
Guns at Batasi, directed by John Guillermin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Rector Of Justin by Louis Auchincloss was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1964.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 1964!
Which were the important events of 11 November 1964 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
- Jon Hough: Royal Oak, Michigan -- Nike golfer (1986 NAIA Individual National Champ).
- Roberto Hernandez: Santurce, Puerto Rico -- Pitcher (Chicago White Sox).
- Anabel Alonso: Spanish actress.
- Margarete Bagshaw: American painter and potter (d. 2015).
- Alison Doody: Irish model and actress.
- Philip McKeon: American actor and producer
- Calista Flockhart: American actress, very skinny with a wide mouth, expressive, who is a major star of the late '90s with her lead role in "Aly McBeal," playing a ditsy but capable Boston lawyer. A serious Broadway actress, she copped a Tony nomination in 1997 for her role in Chekhov's "Three Sisters," and planned a career in drama, hardly aiming for a light hearted, off-beat TV series.
- Philip McKeon in Westbury: New York, USA; actor (Tommy - Alice, Return to Horror High).
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Supremes - Baby Love
- The Shangri-Las - Leader Of The Pack
- J. Frank Wilson and the Cavaliers - Last Kiss
- Jay & the Americans - Come A Little Bit Closer
- The Honeycombs - Have I The Right?
- Dean Martin - The Door Is Still Open To My Heart
- Manfred Mann - Do Wah Diddy Diddy
- Betty Everett - Let It Be Me
- The Zombies - She's Not There
- Lorne Greene - Ringo
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?