Thursday 11 November 1965, Veteran's Day
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Get Off Of My Cloud by The Rolling Stones.
In UK Get Off Of My Cloud by The Rolling Stones was in the top 5 hits.
Juliet of the Spirits, directed by Federico Fellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1965.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 1965!
Which were the important events of 11 November 1965 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
- Ruthie Matthes: Sun Valley, Idaho -- Cyclist (1996 Olympics).
- Brian Wilson in New York City: New York, USA; murderer (FBI Most Wanted List).
- Max Mutchnick: American screenwriter and producer.
- Kim Stockwood: Canadian singer-songwriter (Shaye).
- Gaston Glass: Actor (Opening Your Eyes), dies after long illness at 65.
- Heavyweight Cassius Clay KOs Floyd Patterson in Las Vegas
- Rhodesia proclaims independence from Britain by Prime Minister Ian D Smith.
- In Rhodesia (modern-day Zimbabwe), the white-minority government of Ian Smith unilaterally declares independence.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rolling Stones - Get Off Of My Cloud
- The Toys - A Lover's Concerto
- Len Barry - 1-2-3
- The Vogues - You're The One
- The Supremes - I Hear A Symphony
- Fontella Bass - Rescue Me
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Everybody Loves A Clown
- The 4 Seasons - Let's Hang On
- Herb Alpert And The Tijuana Brass - Taste Of Honey
- Marvin Gaye - Ain't That Peculiar
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?