Friday 11 November 1966
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Poor Side Of Town by Johnny Rivers.
In UK Good Vibrations by The Beach Boys was in the top 5 hits.
Cul-de-sac, directed by Roman Polanski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1966.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 1966!
Which were the important events of 11 November 1966 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
- Benedicta Boccoli: Italian theatre and movie actress.
- Gina Pillitiere: Akron, Ohio -- WPVA volleyballer (National-25th - 1994).
- Jeff Buckley: Musician.
- Alison Doody: Irish actress.
- Gemini 12 (Lovell & Aldrin) launched on 4-day flight
- Methodist Church and Evangelical United Brethren Church unite as United Methodist Church
- Gemini XII launched on 4-day flight.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Johnny Rivers - Poor Side Of Town
- The Monkees - Last Train To Clarksville
- ? (Question Mark) and the Mysterians - 96 Tears
- The Beach Boys - Good Vibrations
- Herman's Hermits - Dandy
- The New Vaudeville Band - Winchester Cathedral
- The Supremes - You Keep Me Hangin' On
- Bobby Darin - If I Were A Carpenter
- Mitch Ryder - Devil With A Blue Dress On & Good Golly Miss Molly
- James and Bobby Purify - I'm Your Puppet
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?