Thursday 11 November 1971, Veteran's Day
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Melvin Tuten and Ryan Hancock.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Gypsys, Tramps & Thieves by Cher.
In UK Coz I Luv You by Slade was in the top 5 hits.
Bedknobs and Broomsticks, directed by Robert Stevenson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Day Of The Jackal by Frederick Forsyth was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Bandeira 2.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Galaxy Game or Star Trek.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 1971!
Which were the important events of 11 November 1971 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
- Melvin Tuten: NFL tackle (Cin Bengals).
- Ryan Hancock: Santa Clara, California -- Pitcher (California Angels).
- David DeLuise: American actor.
- David Deluise: TV Actor.
- Jennifer Celotta: American director producer and screenwriter.
- Paul Chaloner: English TV e-sports commentator
- Tomas Pačėsas: Lithuanian basketball player and coach
- Man-made earthslide at Kawasaki Japan, kills 15
- Neil Simons prisoner of Second Avenue, premieres in New York City
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Cher - Gypsys, Tramps & Thieves
- Isaac Hayes - Theme From Shaft
- John Lennon - Imagine
- The Free Movement - I've Found Someone Of My Own
- The Osmonds - Yo-Yo
- Rod Stewart - Maggie May
- Cat Stevens - Peace Train
- The Chi-Lites - Have You Seen Her
- Marvin Gaye - Inner City Blues (Make Me Wanna Holler)
- Carpenters - Superstar
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?