Monday 11 November 1974, Veteran's Day
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Whatever Gets You Thru The Night by John Lennon.
In UK Gonna Make You A Star by David Essex was in the top 5 hits.
Earthquake, directed by Mark Robson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1974.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 1974!
Which were the important events of 11 November 1974 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
- Leonardo DiCaprio in Louisiana: USA; actor (Luke - Growing Pains).
- Jon B: American singer-songwriter and producer.
- Static Major: American singer-songwriter and producer (Playa) (d. 2008).
- Wajahatullah Wasti: Pakistani cricketer.
- Leonardo DiCaprio: American actor, lead in a film that was the most outstanding commercial and popular success of all times, "Titanic.
- Phillip Ward: Linebacker (Indianapolis Colts)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- John Lennon - Whatever Gets You Thru The Night
- B.T. Express - Do It ('Til You're Satisfied)
- Bobby Vinton - My Melody Of Love
- America - Tin Man
- John Denver - Back Home Again
- Billy Swan - I Can Help
- Neil Diamond - Longfellow Serenade
- Reunion - Life Is A Rock (But The Radio Rolled Me)
- Carl Carlton - Everlasting Love
- Gordon Lightfoot - Carefree Highway
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?