Friday 11 November 1977, Veteran's Day
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Maniche and Ben Hollioake.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to You Light Up My Life by Debby Boone.
In UK Name Of The Game by Abba was in the top 5 hits.
Close Encounters of the Third Kind, directed by Steven Spielberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Passe-Partout.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Super Bug or Triple Hunt.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 1977!
Which were the important events of 11 November 1977 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
- Maniche : Portuguese footballer and manager.
- Ben Hollioake: English cricketer (Born 1977).
- Marsha Mehran: Iranian-American author (d. 2014).
- Abraham Sarmiento: Jr.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 November 1977
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Debby Boone - You Light Up My Life
- Heatwave - Boogie Nights
- Carly Simon - Nobody Does It Better
- Barry White - It's Ecstasy When You Lay Down Next To Me
- Crystal Gayle - Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue
- Donna Summer - I Feel Love
- Chicago - Baby, What A Big Surprise
- Paul Nicholas - Heaven On The 7th Floor
- Bee Gees - How Deep Is Your Love
- Rita Coolidge - We're All Alone
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?