Monday 11 November 1985, Veteran's Day
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Onision and Osvaldo Alonso.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to We Built This City by Starship.
In UK The Power Of Love by Jennifer Rush was in the top 5 hits.
To Live and Die in L.A., directed by William Friedkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Texas by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Floyd on Fish.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Norway 1985 or Imhotep.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 1985!
Which were the important events of 11 November 1985 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
- Onision : YouTube Star.
- Osvaldo Alonso: Cuban footballer.
- Austin Collie: American football player.
- Tiidrek Nurme: Estonian runner.
- Kalan Porter: Canadian singer-songwriter.
- Pelle Lindbergh: Swedish ice hockey player (Born 1959).
- 1st AIDS theme TV movie - An Early Frost
- Challenger flies back to Kennedy Space Center via Davis-Monthan AFB
- Yonkers is found guilty of segregating schools and housing
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?