Tuesday 11 November 1986, Veteran's Day
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Francois Trinh-Duc and Rafael de la Fuente.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Amanda by Boston.
In UK Take My Breath Away (Love Theme From 'Top Gun') by Berlin was in the top 5 hits.
Hoosiers, directed by David Anspaugh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while It by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cruise Chaser Blassty or Laser Hawk.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 1986!
Which were the important events of 11 November 1986 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
- Francois Trinh-Duc: French rugby player.
- Rafael de la Fuente: TV Actor.
- Andrew West: TV Actor.
- Mark Sanchez: American football player.
- Victor Cruz: Football Player.
- Jon Batiste: American singer and pianist (Stay Human)
- Risa Misaki: Japanese model
- François Trinh-Duc: French rugby player
- Roger C Carmel: actor (Harry Mudd - Star Trek, Mothers-in-Law), dies at age 54.
- Suriname government proclaims gold purification
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 November 1986
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?