Friday 11 November 1988, Veteran's Day
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alexandra Kyle and Uldouz Wallace.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Wild, Wild West by The Escape Club.
In UK First Time by Robin Beck was in the top 5 hits.
The Land Before Time, directed by Don Bluth, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while The Queen Of The Damned by Anne Rice was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Neizchezvashtite.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Final Round or Hot Rod.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1988.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 1988!
Which were the important events of 11 November 1988 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
- Alexandra Kyle: American actress.
- Uldouz Wallace: Movie Actress.
- David Depetris: Argentinian-Slovak footballer.
- Kyle Naughton: English footballer.
- Mikako Komatsu: Japanese voice actress and singer.
- William Ifor Jones: Welsh conductor and organist (Born 1900).
- Oldest known insect fossils (390 million yrs) reported in Science
- In Sacramento, California, police find a body buried in the lawn of 60-year-old boardinghouse landlady Dorothea Puente (seven bodies are eventually found and Puente is convicted of three murders and sentenced to life in prison).
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Escape Club - Wild, Wild West
- The Beach Boys - Kokomo
- Kylie Minogue - The Loco-Motion
- Bon Jovi - Bad Medicine
- Whitney Houston - One Moment In Time
- U2 - Desire
- Phil Collins - Groovy Kind Of Love
- Will To Power - Baby, I Love Your Way/Freebird Medley
- George Michael - Kissing A Fool
- INXS - Never Tear Us Apart
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?