Sunday 11 November 2001, Veteran's Day
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Family Affair by Mary J. Blige.
In UK Because I Got High by Afroman was in the top 5 hits.
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, directed by Chris Columbus, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2001
while Desecration: Antichrist Takes the Throne by Tim LaHaye, Jerry B. Jenkins was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2001.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 2001!
Which were the important events of 11 November 2001 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 11 November
- Journalists Pierre Billaud, Johanne Sutton and Volker Handloik are killed in Afghanistan during an attack on the convoy they are traveling in.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2001 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?