Saturday 11 November 2006
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to My Love by Justin Timberlake.
In UK Put Your Hands Up For Detroit by Fedde Le Grande was in the top 5 hits.
Casino Royale, directed by Martin Campbell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while A Series of Unfortunate Events #13: The End by Lemony Snicket was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2006.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 2006!
Which were the important events of 11 November 2006 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 11 November
- Harry Lehotsky: American-born Canadian pastor and activist (Born 1957).
- Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II unveils the New Zealand War Memorial in London, United Kingdom, commemorating the loss of soldiers from the New Zealand Army and the British Army.
- Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty reports that the Government of Turkmenistan has discovered a ampquotsuper giantampquot field of 7 trillion cubic meters of natural-gas. President Saparmurat Niyazov wants companies from Germany and Russia to build a pipeline to carry the gas. (Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty)
- The United States vetoes a United Nations Security Council resolution condemning the Beit Hanoun November 2006 incident and urging for a quick withdrawal of Israel from the Gaza Strip. (Reuters)
- Aung San Suu Kyi meets with a United Nations official Ibrahim Gambari in Myanmar. It is the first time she has left her house since having been placed under house arrest in May. (AP via NASDAQ)
- Somali Civil War (2006-present):
- Somalia's Islamist leaders say they have agreed a deal to avoid hostilities with the transitional government. (BBC)
- Iraq insurgency: At least eight people are killed and thirty injured in two simultaneous explosions in Baghdad, Iraq. (BBC News)
- A 5.9 earthquake occurs near Papua New Guinea. No damage is reported. (The Star Online)
- Five Shiite ministers resign from the cabinet of Lebanon, complicating the situation for Prime Minister Fouad Siniora. (CNN)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?