Sunday 11 November 2007
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Kiss Kiss by Chris Brown.
In UK Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis was in the top 5 hits.
Enchanted, directed by Kevin Lima, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Book of the Dead by Patricia Cornwell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 2007!
Which were the important events of 11 November 2007 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 11 November
- Delbert Mann: American director and producer (d. 2007).
- Prince William, an officer in the Blues and Royals, laid a wreath for the first time by the Cenotaph as his grandmother The Queen and his father The Prince of Wales, looked on. (AP)
- A majority of French citizens would support a union with the French-speaking Belgian region of Wallonia if Belgium were to cease to exist, according to a survey. (Journal du Dimanche)
- A similar survey held in the Netherlands shows that 45% of the Dutch would support a union with Flanders, whereas 49% would oppose such a union. (Trouw)
- Danilo Türk wins the 2007 Slovenian presidential elections with a large margin. (Reuters via Yahoo! News)
- Former Khmer Rouge Foreign Minister, Ieng Sary and his wife, Ieng Thirith are arrested in Phnom Penh to face charges before that country's U.N. genocide tribunal. (AP via FOX News)
- The Ulster Defence Association announces that its Ulster Freedom Fighters' units are to stand down from midnight. (RTÉ)
- Gabriele Sandri, a 26-year old supporter of the sports club S.S. Lazio is killed by police in a service station near Arezzo, Italy. Football fans later clash with police in most Italian stadiums. (BBC)
- Transport for London takes over the North London Line and the other suburban rail lines hitherto operated by Silverlink to form the London Overground. While remaining part of the National Rail network, the contracting authority for the franchise is Transport for London, rather than central Government.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?