Tuesday 11 November 2014, Veteran's Day
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance), directed by Alejandro González Iñárritu, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2014
while Rowdy by Jay Crownover was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2014.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 2014!
Which were the important events of 11 November 2014 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 11 November
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in November 2014?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?