Tuesday 11 October 1910
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Dorian Grays Portræt, directed by Axel Strm, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 October 1910!
Which were the important events of 11 October 1910 ?
- Joseph Alsop: American journalist and syndicated newspaper columnist from the 1930s through the 1970s.
- Cahit Arf: Turkish mathematician and academic (d. 1997).
- Eugene John Weigel: Composer.
- Francis James Claude Piggott: Soldier.
- Former President Theodore Roosevelt becomes the first U.S. president to fly in an airplane. He flew for four minutes with Arch Hoxsey in a plane built by the Wright Brothers at Kinloch Field (Lambert-St. Louis International Airport), St. Louis, Missouri.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1910 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- In the Valley of Yesterday - Harry Macdonough
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in October 1910?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 11 October 1910 and get them!