Sunday 11 October 1936
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Garden of Allah, directed by Richard Boleslawski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1936.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 October 1936!
Which were the important events of 11 October 1936 ?
- Paul Van Den Berg: Belgium sport Champion.
- Charles Gordon Fullerton in Rochester: New York, USA; US Air Force/astronaut (STS T-1, T-3, T-5, 3, 51F).
- C Fullerton: American colonel engineer and astronaut (d. 2013).
- Billy Higgins: American drummer and educator (d. 2001).
- James McPherson: American historian and author.
- Tom Zé: Brazilian singer-songwriter
- Professor Quiz, first radio quiz show premieres.
- Earl Bascom, rodeo cowboy and artist, designs and builds Mississippi's first permanent rodeo arena at Columbia, Mississippi.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?