Sunday 11 October 1936
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Charles Gordon Fullerton in Rochester and Paul Van Den Berg.
The Garden of Allah, directed by Richard Boleslawski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 October 1936!
Which were the important events of 11 October 1936 ?
- Charles Gordon Fullerton in Rochester: New York, USA; US Air Force/astronaut (STS T-1, T-3, T-5, 3, 51F).
- Paul Van Den Berg: Belgium sport Champion.
- C Fullerton: American colonel engineer and astronaut (d. 2013).
- Billy Higgins: American drummer and educator (d. 2001).
- James McPherson: American historian and author.
- Tom Zé: Brazilian singer-songwriter
- Professor Quiz, first radio quiz show premieres.
- Earl Bascom, rodeo cowboy and artist, designs and builds Mississippi's first permanent rodeo arena at Columbia, Mississippi.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 October 1936
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?