Monday 11 October 1948
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gilbert Thiel and Cecilia .
Macbeth, directed by Orson Welles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching Greatest Fights of the Century.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 October 1948!
Which were the important events of 11 October 1948 ?
- Gilbert Thiel: French magistrate, the top investigating judge at the High Court of Paris from 1994, assigned to the anti-terrorist section in 1995.
- Cecilia : Spanish singer-songwriter (d. 1976).
- Lauri Nebel: Estonian magician and actor.
- David Rendall: English tenor and actor.
- Peter Turkson: Ghanaian cardinal.
- Love Life opens at 46th St. Theater NYC for 252 performances
- Cleveland Indians beat Boston Braves, four games to two in 45th World Series.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 October 1948
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?