Thursday 11 October 1951
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Desert Fox: The Story of Rommel, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 October 1951!
Which were the important events of 11 October 1951 ?
- Brad Maule: American actor, he has been seen on stage as well as on television in a variety of roles.
- Wesley Magoogan: Rocker.
- Bruce Bartlett: American economist historian and author.
- Shannon Rubicam: American singer-songwriter (Boy Meets Girl).
- Charles Shyer: American director producer and screenwriter.
- Jean-Jacques Goldman: French musician, a singer and former member of Tai Phong as well as songwriter and composer for other pop stars including the mega-celebrity Celine Dion.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?