Saturday 11 October 1958
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gregory Dudek and Martin Garms.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to It's All In The Game by Tommy Edwards.
In UK When by The Kalin Twins was in the top 5 hits.
The Seventh Seal, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Around The World With Auntie Mame by Patrick Dennis was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Uncle Al Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 October 1958!
Which were the important events of 11 October 1958 ?
- Gregory Dudek: Canadian roboticist and computer scientist.
- Martin Garms: German astrologer, graphic designer, reincarnation-therapist, author and collaborator of the magazine "Meridian.
- J R Becher: Writer, dies at 67.
- Goldilocks opens at Lunt Fontanne Theater NYC for 161 performances
- 2nd US Moon probe, Pioneer 1, reaches 113,810 km, falls back
- Pioneer program: NASA launches the lunar probe Pioneer 1 (the probe falls back to Earth and burns up).
- Second US Moon probe, Pioneer 1, reaches 113,810 km, falls back.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tommy Edwards - It's All In The Game
- The Everly Brothers - Bird Dog
- Bobby Day - Rock-In Robin
- Domenico Modugno - Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare)
- The Elegants - Little Star
- Little Anthony and the Imperials - Tears On My Pillow
- Robin Luke - Susie Darlin'
- Tommy Dorsey Orchestra - Tea For Two Cha Cha
- Eddie Cochran - Summertime Blues
- Roger Williams - Near You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?