Tuesday 11 October 1960
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Joe Nash and Randy Breuer.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Mr. Custer by Larry Verne.
In UK Tell Laura I Love Her by Ricky Valance was in the top 5 hits.
Midnight Lace, directed by David Miller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Case of the Dangerous Robin.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 October 1960!
Which were the important events of 11 October 1960 ?
- Joe Nash: NFL defensive tackle (Seattle Seahawks).
- Randy Breuer: American basketball player.
- Nicola Bryant: English actress.
- Curt Ford: American baseball player and manager.
- Gábor Pölöskei: Hungarian footballer and manager.
- Richard Cromwell: British politician and noted family, the son of Oliver Cromwell.
- Hurricane ravages East-Pakistan (6,000 die)
- Radio-TV exec John Fetzer buys a controlling interest of Detroit Tigers
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Larry Verne - Mr. Custer
- Sam Cooke - Chain Gang
- Connie Francis - My Heart Has A Mind Of Its Own
- The Drifters - Save The Last Dance For Me
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- Jimmy Charles - A Million To One
- The Everly Brothers - So Sad (To Watch Good Love Go Bad)
- Bobby Vee - Devil Or Angel
- Brenda Lee - I Want To Be Wanted (Per Tutta La Vita)
- Brook Benton - Kiddio
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?