Thursday 11 October 1962
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Eric Johnson and Leslie Landon in Los Angeles.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Sherry by The 4 Seasons.
In UK Telstar by The Tornados was in the top 5 hits.
Lola, directed by Jacques Demy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching MisteRogers.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1962.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 October 1962!
Which were the important events of 11 October 1962 ?
- Eric Johnson: Seaside, Oregon -- Nike golfer (1993 NIKE Louisiana Open-3rd).
- Leslie Landon in Los Angeles: California, USA; actress (Etta Plum - Little House on the Prairie).
- Martin Bayless: NFL safety (KC Chiefs).
- Joan Cusack in Evanston: Illinois, USA; comedienne (Saturday Night Live).
- Nicola Bryant: English actress.
- Joan Cusack: American actress and comedienne, nominated twice for Best Supporting Actress Oscar, a "Saturday Night Live" regular from 1985-1986, who has appeared in movies with her brother, actor John Cusack.
- Anne Enright: Irish scholar and author
- Richard Evans: American author
- Andy McCoy: Finnish-Swedish singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Hanoi Rocks The Suicide Twins and Shooting Gallery)
- 1st appearance of a Gabor sister on Merv Griffin Show
- 2nd Vatican Council (21st ecumenical) convened by Pope John XXIII
- Second Vatican Council: Pope John XXIII convenes the first ecumenical council of the Roman Catholic Church in 92 years.
- The infamous Columbus Day Storm strikes the U.S. Pacific Northwest with wind gusts up to 170nbspmph (270nbspkm/h) 46 are killed, 11 billion board feet (26 million m³) of timber is blown down, with $230 million U.S. in damages.
- Jazz bassist/composer Charles Mingus presents a disastrous concert at Town Hall in New York City. It will gain a reputation as the worst moment of his career.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The 4 Seasons - Sherry
- Bobby (Boris) Pickett - Monster Mash
- Nat King Cole - Ramblin' Rose
- Chris Montez - Let's Dance
- Frank Ifield - I Remember You
- Booker T. & The M.G.s - Green Onions
- The Contours - Do You Love Me
- Dickey Lee - Patches
- Alley Cat - Bent Fabric and his Piano
- Peter, Paul & Mary - If I Had A Hammer (The Hammer Song)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?