Tuesday 11 October 1966
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gregg Olson and Shawn Chambers.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Reach Out I'll Be There by Four Tops.
In UK Distant Drums by Jim Reeves was in the top 5 hits.
Spinout, directed by Norman Taurog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Les globe-trotters.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1966.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 October 1966!
Which were the important events of 11 October 1966 ?
- Gregg Olson: Omaha, Nebraska -- Pitcher (Baltimore Orioles, Detroit Tigers).
- Shawn Chambers: Royal Oak, Michigan -- NHL defenseman (Team USA, New Jersey Devils).
- Solofa Fatu: aka Rikishi, American professional wrestler.
- Jason Phillips: American athlete, pro football player, a wide receiver.
- Luke Perry: TV Actor.
- France and the Soviet Union sign a treaty for cooperation in nuclear research.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Four Tops - Reach Out I'll Be There
- The Association - Cherish
- ? (Question Mark) and the Mysterians - 96 Tears
- The Monkees - Last Train To Clarksville
- Count Five - Psychotic Reaction
- Neil Diamond - Cherry, Cherry
- The Left Banke - Walk Away Renee
- Jimmy Ruffin - What Becomes Of The Brokenhearted
- The Four Seasons - I've Got You Under My Skin
- The Supremes - You Can't Hurry Love
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?