Friday 11 October 1974
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to I Honestly Love You by Olivia Newton-John.
In UK Kung Fu Fighting by Carl Douglas was in the top 5 hits.
Airport 1975, directed by Jack Smight, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1974.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 October 1974!
Which were the important events of 11 October 1974 ?
- Terje Haakonsen: Norwegian snowboarder.
- Jason Arnott: Collingwood, Ontario -- NHL center (Edmonton Oilers).
- Rachel Pine: American violinist and educator (Earthen Grave).
- Terje Håkonsen: Norwegian snowboarder.
- Kane Kosugi: American-Japanese martial artist and actor.
- Fumika Suzuki: Japanese voice actress and model
- Jamie Thomas: American skateboarder and businessman founded Zero Skateboards and Fallen Footwear
- The UK Labour government of Harold Wilson wins the second general election of the year, forming a three-seat majority. Wilson, who has led the party for a total of 11 years, has now won four of the five general elections he has contested.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Olivia Newton-John - I Honestly Love You
- Billy Preston - Nothing From Nothing
- Dionne Warwicke - Then Came You
- First Class - Beach Baby
- Stevie Wonder - You Haven't Done Nothin'
- Cat Stevens - Another Saturday Night
- Elton John - The Bitch Is Back
- Blue Swede - Never My Love
- Cheech & Chong - Earache My Eye
- Bad Company - Can't Get Enough
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?