Thursday 11 October 1979
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Don't Stop Til You Get Enough by Michael Jackson.
In UK Video Killed The Radio Star by The Buggles was in the top 5 hits.
The Black Stallion, directed by Carroll Ballard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while Jailbird by Kurt Vonnegut was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1979.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 October 1979!
Which were the important events of 11 October 1979 ?
- Jamar Beasley: American football player.
- Bae Doona: South Korean model actress and photographer.
- Andy Douglas: American professional wrestler.
- Reiko Takagaki: Japanese model and actress.
- Kim Yong-dae: South Korean footballer.
- Gabe Saporta: Uruguayan American musician, he is the lead singer and primary creative force behind the synthpop band Cobra Starship. He was previously the lead singer, bassist, and lyricist for the pop punk band Midtown.
- Most Happy Fella opens at Majestic Theater NYC for 53 performances
- Allan McLeod Cormack and Godfrey Newbold Hounsfield win Nobel Prize for medicine for developing the CAT scan.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Michael Jackson - Don't Stop Til You Get Enough
- Herb Alpert - Rise
- Robert John - Sad Eyes
- Commodores - Sail On
- The Knack - My Sharona
- Dionne Warwick - I'll Never Love This Way Again
- M - Pop Muzik
- Donna Summer - Dim All The Lights
- Little River Band - Lonesome Loser
- Earth, Wind and Fire - After The Love Has Gone
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?